NLNE is a group of area agencies and organizations striving to create a culture of education in our area so that every resident possesses the support to achieve an education level that results in a good income. We are a multi-agency, community-based partnership intent on leading our residents to one of the four pathways of education (trade programs, military, community college, university), so that each resident may live a successful and productive life.
The Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) is the Managing Organization for NLNE, and the NLNE program officer is an employee of AAF. The NLNE Executive Committee is responsible for the oversight of the Program, and three work committees (made up of more than 60 professionals) ensure the Partnership reaches its full potential
Leading all residents to a quality credential benefits all of us!
Quality credentials lead to higher earnings, and our residents spend more dollars in our economy. Our sales tax revenue increases, our economy booms, and new businesses move into the area. That attracts more qualified applicants, which leads to an increase in competitive careers.
Finally, more residents are motivated to seek higher education, and the cycle continues.
Our Community Success Partners believe in our mission and encourage their employees, clients, customers, and/or students to earn a quality credential. If we really want to impact our economy, it will take all of us!
How to Become a Partner:
- Commit to the NLNE mission
- Sign and return the Partner Agreement
- Read Newsletters
- Attend Quarterly Meetings & your industry’s EdInd Collaborations
- Collaborate with us on ways to accomplish our mission
Through EdInd (education/industry) collaboration discussions, NLNE helps Texas Panhandle educators ensure their programs meet the needs of our industry.
Our Partners of every size have a place at the table.
We want to give all organizations a voice, not just the largest companies in each industry.
If we really want to create pathways to success, it will take all of us!
GoPlan 2.0 is the tool that brings the village to every resident.
- Individual Education Plans
- Connects users to mentors, educators, employers
- Basic needs assessments and connections
- Innovative transportation solution
- Provides avenues for employer engagement
- Opportunity databases
Founding Organizations (permanent positions):
- Amarillo Area Foundation (AAF) - Managing Organization
- Amarillo College (AC)
- Amarillo Economic Development Corporation (AEDC)
- Amarillo Independent School District (AISD)
- Canyon Independent School District (CISD)
- United Way of Amarillo and Canyon
- West Texas A&M University (WTAMU)
- Work Force Solutions Panhandle
Large Business Representation:
- BSA Health System
- CNS Pantex
Small Business Representation:
- Sage Oil Vac
- Mary E. Bivins Foundation
- St. John Baptist Church
Community Committee members represent agencies that can help us reach residents who are no longer in school and lack a quality credential.
Current Community Committee Projects:
- GoPlan2.0 Bootcamp for Adults
- Quarterly Meetings